Monday, September 26, 2011

Neighbourhood birds in photos and video





I have a hard time getting decent photos of birds. They're so shy and always moving, hence bribery with sunflower seeds and video.





These chickadees and nuthatches
are visiting us daily, for the handfuls of sunflower seeds we put out for them.

They fly away quickly after "stealing" one seed at a time.









These turkey vultures in the trees
were waiting for their share
while being harassed by huge ravens.












This little sparrow (I think it's a song sparrow),
but he was very quiet while dodging me and
my camera, in the bushes.











The video of the Steller's jay, is more so you can
hear it's alarm call- of course it was alarmed
because I was trying to take it's picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment